I recently was sent a ‘sweet’ package from NuNaturals Stevia filled with stevia baking powder, stevia liquid and stevia packets. Needless to say, I’ve been quite a busy bee in my tiny Manhattan apartment whipping up delicious and decadent goodies. Here is one of my newest creations…
Springtime Lavender Lime Muffins
This is a fabulous muffin recipe just in time for spring and the upcoming Easter holiday. I created these delicious muffins last week and I cannot wait to make them again for my family over Easter vacation. These muffins have the perfect hint of sweetness from the dried lavender and lime…they’ll surely be hard to pass up for a tasty and healthy treat…Enjoy!
- 2/3 cup NuNaturals Stevia Baking Blend
- 1 tsp. dried lavender buds
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup rice milk
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tsp. lime zest
- Egg substitute for 1 large egg
- 5 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/3 cup Greek plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin cups with baking spray.
- In a food processor, combine stevia and dried lavender; pulse for 1 minute. Sift through a strainer into a large bowl to remove large pieces of lavender. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; blend well.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk rice milk, lime juice and 3 tsp. lime peel.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat egg substitute with pumpkin puree and rice milk mixture.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in egg mixture; mix to blend.
- Divide among muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- For topping, combine stevia and lime peel in a small bowl. Dip the top of each cooled muffin in Greek plain yogurt, then sprinkle with stevia mixture.
And now for the Giveaway!
NuNaturals Stevia has offered to send 4 of my readers one box of our NuStevia packets, plus one bottle of our new Alcohol Free Vanilla Stevia liquid.
Here are 3 ways you can enter to win:
- Leave me a comment on this post telling me your favorite way to use NuNaturals Stevia.
- Link back to this contest on your blog.
- Tweet: @Thehealthyapple is hosting a NuNaturals Stevia giveaway.
All entrants must reside in the U.S.
I will pick 4 random winners on Friday, March the 26th at 5:00 PM EST.