Even though Valentine’s Day is over, I’ve been busy in my kitchn’ testing raw cacao recipes…this weekend I created gluten-free and dairy-free tofu-rific brownies…they were fabulous to say the least. I loved the combination of buckwheat flour and pumpkin puree…these special treats have the perfect touch of sweetness complimented by flax n’ chia seeds as well as a pistachio crunch.
- 1 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup stevia or raw sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flax and chia seeds
- 1 (14 oz.) block silken tofu
- 1 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 3 Tbsp. Organic Raw Cacao Bliss Coconut Butter
- 2 Tbsp. raw pistachios, shelled
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients by hand; set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine all wet ingredients; process until it forms a smooth consistency. Slowly add dry ingredients and pulse until well moistened.
- Transfer mixture into baking pan; sprinkle with optional garnished pistachios.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to cool. Remove from pan, serve and enjoy!