Last night, I got to thinking…its been quite some time since I’ve whipped up a guacamole, so I picked up an avocado at my corner farmer’s market and decided to get creative…how creative? Well, while at the farmer’s market I stumbled upon a fresh batch of sweet snow peas and a beautiful bundle of asparagus…I simply couldn’t resist and I purchased these incredibly fresh veggies to bring home and have a bit of fun creating a new guacamole recipe…after a bit of altering and tasting, I had perfected my new ‘guac’ and this may be the best one yet. I present to you…my newest guacamole creation…
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh snow peas
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. flax seeds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat vegetable broth in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic; saute until onions are translucent. Add snow peas, asparagus, sunflower seeds, sea salt and pepper; heat for approximately 4 minutes.
- Transfer snow pea mixture into a blender or food processor. Add avocado, white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, lemon rind, chopped parsley, sea salt and chili powder; puree until desired consistency.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.