This is an incredible recipe that I created last night using ingredients from my refrigerator and pantry. I opted for a unique combination of cashew butter, balsamic vinegar, agave nectar, Greek plain yogurt, pine nuts, Chinese mustard, cinnamon and dulse flakes gently tossed among a ‘slew’ of spiraled zucchini, squash, mango, carrots and cabbage with my Joyce Chen Spiralizer…This sweet n’ savory slaw will have your taste buds dancin’ at your first bite.
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 yellow squash, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, cut in half
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 4 Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese mustard
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. dulse flakes
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Using the Joyce Chen Spiralizer, spiral all vegetables.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gently toss.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the following nine ingredients. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat for 3-4 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and slowly pour over vegetable and fruit mixture. Gently toss.
- Serve warm or chilled.