Last night I created a homemade gluten-free, dairy-free veggie pizza that had my taste buds dancin’ for more…it was fabulous (to say the least). Here are the easy and delicious recipes for my pizza crust, sauce and topping.
Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- 1/4 cup rice milk
- 2 large eggs or egg substitute
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2/3 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup ripened avocado, mashed and slightly melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together milk and eggs. Add flours and salt. Slowly add in avocado.
- Transfer mixture to a 12 inch circle on a baking sheet or round pizza pan. Be sure to leave a thicker crust along the outsides to keep the sauce and vegetables from running onto the pan.
- Top with sauce and vegetables of your choice (see below).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pizza is golden brown and fully cooked.
Gluten-Free Pizza Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce can) organic tomato sauce
- 4 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- In a large bowl, combine all above ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly atop unbaked crust.
- Top with the following or any toppings of your choice:
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast
- 1 Fresh small zucchini, sliced
- 1 Fresh small summer squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup Fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Fresh red peppers, diced
Simply add any or all of the above toppings to your pizza. I enjoy sprinkling nutritional yeast and ground flax seeds atop my pizza…it adds a perfect nutty, cheese-like taste without the dairy!
Now that’s what I call a seriously delicious (and healthy) New York pizza! Enjoy.