Here is a delicious spin on the classic holiday crisp. I’m making this unique crumble for our family Christmas celebration and I can’t wait for everyone to taste this gluten-free, dairy-free holiday dessert.
Don’t have enough of any one fruit to create a crisp? Not to worry, simply peel and slice a combination of fresh pears, plums, apricots, nectarines or peaches. Any combination will create a deliciously sweet crumble for your holiday guests.
- 1 1/2 cup sugar or stevia
- 3/4 cup GF Flour Mix
- 2 Tbsp. rice flour
- 1 tsp. dried orange peel
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, sliced
- 2 cups fresh Rome apples, sliced
- 3/4 rice flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. ghee or butter substitute
- 3/4 cup rice bread crumbs or gluten free cereal
- Optional: Greek plain yogurt
- Optional: Agave nectar
- Optional: Fresh mint leaves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar or stevia, flours, orange peel, cinnamon and lemon juice in a small dish. Mix this with the rhubarb slices and place into a shallow Pyrex 9 x 9 baking pan.
- For the topping, combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in the ghee or butter substitute. Slowly add in bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle this mixture over rhubarb.
- Bake for 45-60 min or until lightly brown and cooked.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Greek plain yogurt, a drizzle of agave nectar and mint leaves.
Happy Holidays from The Healthy Apple!