Well, there you have it…this is the last of my week stretch of Stonyfield yogurt recipes. I saved the best for last, of course. These tasty muffins pack a healthy dose of fiber and protein thanks to the oats, whole wheat flour and cherries and almonds. Whip these up for a morning treat, toasted with marmalade or enjoy them for your evening dessert crumbled atop a bowl of Stonyfield yogurt. Yum. Stay tuned for a Stonyfield giveaway gift-basket later this week.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup oat bran
- 2 cups Oikos plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. all spice
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dried cherries, almonds and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and Oikos plain Greek yogurt together.
- Add melted butter and applesauce to the Oikos mixture; whisk to combine.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients until moistened. Be sure not to over mix.
- Divide batter among 12 muffin cups sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
- Enjoy with an additional spread or dollop of Oikos plain Greek yogurt
And now for the Old Bay Seasoning Recipe Contest (I LOVE OldBay, by the way)…
• Now through December 25th, OLD BAY wants to hear from its Facebook fans* on how they use their favorite spice blend during the holidays – it could be whipping up an OLD BAY recipe, sprinkling it on a holiday favorite, using it as a holiday decoration or giving it as a gift.
• To enter the contest, post a photo on the fan page (www.facebook.com/oldbay) showing how you zest up your holidays using OLD BAY – (Entries are limited to one photo posting per week).Each post will be voted on by the amount of “likes” it receives from fellow Facebook fan members.
• The photo post with the most “likes” will receive an “Ultimate Holi-Bay Gift Basket” ($140 value) that includes:
o A $25 gift card, a steamer pot and fryer, tons of OLD BAY products, 5 sample packs of OLD BAY for you to share with friends and family, as well as some items for the ultimate OLD BAY fan – branded t-shirts, cups, temporary tattoos, and an inner tube for sledding (or relaxing in the water for those who live in warm weather all year round)!
• One winner will be announced each week, starting the week of November 30th.
*You must be a Facebook member and fan of OLD BAY’s Facebook page to enter contest