There’s nothing like a warm soup on a cool winter evening. This unique soup pairs acorn squash, parsnips and apples together along with Stonyfield yogurt. The combination of fruits and sweet winter vegetables makes this soup a perfect way to end your day.
- 2 medium acorn squash, sliced lengthwise in half
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups granny smith apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 2 large parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1 freshly ground white pepper
- Oikos plain Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 fresh basil, chopped
- Place squash cut side down on rack set over gently simmering water in saucepan. Cover and steam until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool squash slightly. Scoop pulp and set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup vegetable broth, apples, parsnips and onion in heavy medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes. Add squash pulp, remaining broth, orange juice, ginger and sea salt.
- Cover and simmer until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor
- Strain through into a medium-sized saucepan; gently warm over low heat.
- Add orange zest. Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls. Garnish with Oikos plain Greek yogurt and basil.
Check out the OpenSky Holiday Promotion Page here:
From now until midnight on Wednesday, you can sign up to receive coupons ranging from $15 to $100 off and 10% to 50% off.
The quicker you enter your email at http://holidays.theopenskyproject.com/ the better your chances for great savings. You’ll note this page asks users to input their favorite shopkeeper. For favorite shopkeeper, please input: AMIE
Every user will receive a coupon!
- OpenSky is the place for your holiday shopping.
- Sign up for savings here: http://holidays.theopenskyproject.com/
- I only have 50 Premium Coupons for $15 off a $20 item so sign up quickly!
- To save the most, type AMIE as your favorite Shopkeeper.