I’ve always been a huge fan of eggplant…it reminds me of my Pop Pop, my father’s father, who made the most amazing eggplant parm I have ever tasted. Giving his recipe a bit of a twist minus the gluten and dairy, I decided to whip up this tasty eggplant dish last night after purchasing four beautiful purple eggplants and a fresh orange from my corner farm stand.
- 4 medium Eggplants
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. White balsamic vinegar
- 4 Fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. freshly grated orange peel
- Juice from 1 fresh medium orange
- Greek yogurt
- Sea Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice eggplants lengthwise.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine chili powder, orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and olive oil.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on the eggplants.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- When eggplants are soft, remove from oven and place on a serving dish with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
- Sprinkle with basil, additional sea salt and pepper; serve immediately.