I just came across this amazing special in Aspen for active adults and foodies like you and me. I love Aspen; it is by far my favorite mountain in Colorado as I too love to ski, taste unique cuisine, dress up for a gala event and be pampered by a spa treatment.
Have any of you stayed at A RockResort property? I’ve heard they are exquisite…take a look at this incredible offer for any of you ski bunny, food-buffs…The iconic Hotel Jerome, A RockResort, announces plans to commemorate its 120th anniversary in grand style this Thanksgiving during Aspen Mountain’s first ski weekend of the season. History buffs, skiers and foodies alike are invited to attend Hotel Jerome’s majestic gala with the “120th Anniversary Celebration” package.
Available Thanksgiving weekend, November 25 – November 29, 2009, the package includes:
- Four-night stay in a Junior Suite
- Two full-day ski lift tickets for two people
- Two tickets to Hotel Jerome’s 120th Anniversary grand soirée on Wednesday evening – Bring your 1889-themed costume, and your ballroom dancing shoes!
- Thanksgiving dinner for two on Thursday night
- A 50-minute massage per person at the Aspen Club & Spa
- Rate is $1,889 based on double occupancy, which represents a savings of 50 percent off of room rate. Four-night minimum stay required. Excludes resort fee, tax and gratuities. Subject to availability.
Hotel Jerome’s Wednesday night anniversary bash will transport guests back in time, by recreating the atmosphere and energy of the hotel’s original opening night celebration on November 25, 1889. Guests will be escorted to the hotel in grand style via a horse-drawn carriage, passing street entertainers, characters and perhaps a few donkeys along the way!
The evening affair at Hotel Jerome will include live entertainment, ballroom dancing, authentic cocktails such as Curaçao Punch, a live auction of luxury items, and a gourmet dinner. The feast will be a culinary retreat honoring classical French preparations with such dishes as oyster bisque with wild spinach paillettes au Parmesan; Colorado prime rib with sauce béarnaise and croquettes de pommes de Terre; and profiteroles with pistachio ice cream, Belgian chocolate sauce and vanilla whipped cream.
Wow! Anyone else dying to jump on a jet and head out to Aspen for this fabulous Thanksgiving soiree?
Don’t forget your last chance to enter my Genuine Health Gift Basket Giveaway; I wil be picking the winner tomorrow morning!