Yes, this is another bean spread recipe. As you all know…I love my beans not only for their delicious taste but because they are packed with fiber! In this recipe, I used re-fried beans, which have a nice smooth consistency – perfect for a dip or a spread. I enjoyed this bean spread with whole grain chips and veggies alongside salsa, Greek yogurt and guacamole.
- 1 can Re-fried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Teaspoons Lime Juice
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado, cored, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup Grilled Corn Kernels (I roasted my corn in-husk on the grill first)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve alongside Greek plain yogurt, guacamole and salsa. Enjoy as a dip with your favorite veggies or whole grain snack or as a spread on your sandwich.
Let me know how this bean spread delights your taste buds. In what ways to do you incorporate bean spreads/dips into your meals?