Last night, I made this quick and simple dinner of baked tilapia with pumpkin seed crust. It takes just minutes to prepare and is quite delicious!
- 2 Fresh Talapia filets
- 2 Tbsp. Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Bran Crumbs
- 1/2 ripe Avocado, mashed
- Dash of NuSalt and Pepper, to taste
- Dash of chili powder
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Handful of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa, cooked
- Lemon wedges, juice for topping
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine bran, pumpkin seeds, fresh cilantro, avocado, tomato sauce, red onion, fresh basil, chili powder, Nu-Salt and pepper in a food processor; blend until mixture is the consistency of paste.
- Spoon a thick layer of the pumpkin seed mixture on top of each tilapia fillet.
- Lay a large piece of parchment paper atop a baking sheet. Place each tilapia fillet atop the parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove tilapia fillets from the oven and unwrap parchment paper.
- Serve each fillet over a bed of cooked quinoa with a squeeze of fresh lemon.