This soup is a perfect side dish to cool you off on a warm summer day. I love carrots and pumpkin, therefore the tasty combo of these two delicious fibrous veggies makes a delicious soup.
Carrots are an excellent source of antioxidant compounds and the richest vegetable source of the pro-vitamin A carotenes and pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene and zinc.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 1/2 lbs. carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 2 (14.5) cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil and water in a pan until softened.
- Add carrots and vegetable stock; cook until carrots are soft.
- Add pumpkin and wine.
- Puree with a mixer.
- Add chopped tomatoes, honey and lemon juice to the pureed soup. Stir and reheat thoroughly.
- Serve warm or chilled.